October 26, 2010

Quinoa and Mung Bean Burgers with Fruity Avocado Dip


Bear with me while I go through my self-diagnosed veggie burger addiction. As long as I can process ingredients in my much loved food processor, and find the outcome totally addictive, I will be blogging about it. But I'm sure I'll get through this phase. One day.

I guess I'm also trying to prove something by making all these different types of veggie burgers: 1) you can indeed use almost any ingredients you can think of or already have in your pantry, 2) you do not need to use a drop of oil to make these, and 3) veggie burgers are quick and easy to make! So what's there not to get addicted to??

The avocado dip I made for these burgers was truly delicious. It really is fruity, thanks to the orange juice used to blend the avocado with, but the spices echo the ones in the burgers, making this a winning combination!


Quinoa and Mung Bean Burgers with Fruity Avocado Dip

1 cup black quinoa, cooked
1,5 cups mung beans, cooked
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
pinch of sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 lemon, juiced
1 wedge preserved lemon, skin only, finely sliced
2 shallots, chopped

Place all ingredients in a bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Shape the mixture into small patties and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in 170C for about 20 minutes.

Fruity Avocado Dip
(Recipe adapted from avocado.org.au)

1 avocado
1/2 large orange, juiced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp curry powder
tiny pinch of sea salt
ground black pepper
1/2 clove garlic, chopped
small bunch flat-leaf parsley

Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Serve with the quinoa and mung bean burgers.

Enjoy!


Print

15 comments:

  1. hehe keep going with the veggie burger recipes Maria! I love veggie burgers as they always tend to be moist and tasty. Nice idea using quinoa in them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I really like the idea of the citrusy and spicy dip, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthy and delicious burgers. Must try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please continue your addiction if you're going to keep pumping out recipes like this. I still can't believe I survived so long without a food processor, they're just so handy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious (and healthy!). I love the green color scheme in the plate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have mung beans that I need to use up. thank you, thank you, thank you! these look perfectly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quinoa is pretty awesome in just about everything. These look fantastic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your delicious veggies burgers really do look seriously addictive! The fruity avocado dip looks like the perfect accompaniment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, these look amazing! I have never had good luck with patties keeping their shape but these are beautiful. And I love avocados in everything...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE quinoa! I can't wait to try these!

    Mary xo
    Delightful Bitefuls

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours on this! It looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh these are right up my alkaline alley! Yum! Can't wait to give these a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sprout mung beans and eat quinoa and now, I will include avocado in the fold. What a perfect meal! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These babies are baked!! Excelent idea, will try it today!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am making these for dinner and will let you know how they turn out. I didn't have quinoa so I'm using millet :)

    ReplyDelete