January 05, 2014

Girly Home Office Inspiration for the New Year


1. One Step Up Bookcase by Normann Copenhagen (see my bookcase here) 2. Block Table in coral by Normann Copenhagen (perfect little side table for any room, really!) 3. Grasshopper Floor Lamp in white from finnishdesignshop.com 4. Rita rug in mint from Brita Sweden (this I must have!) 5. 'Craftiness is Happiness' print from Typo - how true is that? 6. Storage boxes from House Doctor 7. Storage box from Kikki.K 8. To Do List Pad from Kikki.K 9. Wire Basket from Ferm Living 10. No office space is complete without some tea supplies - Winter in Lov Tea 11. A pretty tea pot from T2


Our home office is in dire need of some colour so I thought I'd put together a dream collection of inspiring items to liven up that space. I already have the Normann Copenhagen bookcase which works as both a storage space, but also a bit of a mood board for my work. I've been wanting one of those Normann Copenhagen block tables for a while now and this new coral colour is probably my favourite so far! It would be perfect for either as a side table in our home office or as a coffee table in the living room.

The Grasshopper lamp is definitely a bit of a classic and comes in a variety of colours; I love the sleek white look for this one though. And how gorgeous is that Brita Sweden rug? I've been wanting one for ages and their new collection is just so pretty! I picked Rita as my favourite, but Bobbi (in turquoise) comes as a close second. I could also easily imagine this print on our office wall - how true this is! I'm not sure my husband agrees with the slogan, but I digress.

As for the storage, I love the colourful House Doctor boxes, but also the classic white Kikki K. ones. As a side note, I also love having a few of those woven pine baskets from my own online store stacked in the bookcase; they are a perfect size for small craft items like stamps or fabric scraps. That Ferm Living basket could work as a paper bin, but also as a holder for my growing collection of wrapping papers.

Kikki K.'s notepads are just too adorable to resist! I'm expecting a busy new year (in one way or another) and I have a feeling I'll be needing a few of these To Do notepads to keep me on track.

No office space (in my mind) is complete without some supply of tea. I'm yet to taste Lov Organic teas, but I am totally smitten by the packaging. I can never resist gorgeous tins of tea! Sorbet pink tea pot from my favourite tea shop T2 is a must have. I think I'll have to add that on my shopping list straight away.

What do you think? Would this space inspire your work in the new year?

2 comments:

  1. I want a girly home office so badly :) But first, I need a house! I love everything about this.

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I love everything! As a lover of tea, #10 is my fave!! :)

    ReplyDelete